- The Entrée:
- The Sides/Drinks:
- The Atmosphere:
Don’t know about you guys, but can anyone hate on jerk chicken or fried chicken, especially when it’s called, OG Fried Chicken? Patois is a restaurant in the Little Italy neighborhood where it’s really living out its name by merging taste and flavours from different cultures together. Chef/Owner Craig Wong is true to his Chinese-Jamaican heritage and it really shows in the food. Their motto, Caribbean means Asian soul food really hits home as boy, it’s danggg good to our stomachs, I mean soul. =P
Ohhh we’ll be back to try those kimchi potstickers, Chef Craig Wong, we will be back.
P.S. Sorry about the photo quality, it was relatively darker in the restaurant.
794 Dundas Street W
Toronto, ON M6J 1V1
Highlights & Letdowns
– OG Fried Chicken is definitely a highlight. It’s crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. Taste/flavour reminds us of the lightly fried chicken offerings in traditional Chinese restaurants. Dip generously in the tangy sweet Sriracha sauce (love this sauce).
– Juicy Jerk Chicken, moist again and cooked rotisserie style.
– Pineapple Burger Bun, is a nice fusion offering. Brings a sweetness to the burger, I’m a fan.
– The dirty fried rice wasn’t as good as the rest of the dishes. Not to say it was bad, but was a drop off in quality
– Sauceeee, I would have liked a little more jerk sauce/rub on the Jerk Chicken.
– Chinese Pineapple Burger Bun – the beef patty felt like it need just a little more seasoning
– Service a little slow and requires closer attention to details/request
The Damage: $101.14 after tax for group of 3
The Damage: $101.14 after tax